Saturday, August 6, 2011

Great Opening Tips for Public Speaking

Assalamualaikum, hi and annyeonghaeyo I greet again. This will be the 2nd post regarding public speaking. So, in this post I want to talk on a few tips for a good opening for public speaking. Again, public speaking is about sharing opinions. When it comes to sharing your ideas, you need to understand your subject as much as you can so that your message could be delivered to others fluently so that they could understand. Even so, it won't go if you don't have a good sentences to go with your speech.
The first thing to consider is the opening for your speech. An opening of speech means the introduction of your speech. In an opening, you must address your audience(e.g. "A very excellent of morning I grant to all the honourable adjudicators, faithful timekeepers who is there with his seconds and moments, teachers who teach with great efforts and sincerity, and last but not the least my beloved audience"). The example I just gave are the opening that is usually used in a competition. Meanwhile, your opening may change due to your purpose of speech.(e.g "A very excellent of evening I grant to the Principal of MRSM Betong, Vice Principal of Students Affair, Vice Principal of Academic Affairs, Vice Principal of Co Curriculum Affairs, teachers who teach with great efforts and sincerity and my beloved friends.")
You could also make a short poem or riddle for your opening to make it more attractive.(e.g "As speech I have, I must foretell, To make it good, I must do well, Nothing ventures, Nothing gained, So sit down, And I'll explain"). But make sure you riddle have something to do with delivering the speech.
I hope this little tips help you a little bit in public speaking. With that, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment